The Senior Operations Manager at ProTrans is a strategic position focused on leading responsible portions of operations within the enterprise. The position will assist the Director in leading other managers in the execution and implementation of existing and new transportation operations. The Senior Operations Manager’s goals will be to improve service and overall quality, implement cost control initiatives, and assist with yield improvement projects within the transportation network.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead, manage, and improve the performance of assigned work groups.
- Create a positive team culture. Lead by example – Be positive!
- Communicate goals, achievements, and deficiencies daily to assigned employee groups via face to face meetings.
- Lead Operations Managers in the Creation of processes, assist with the delegation of daily workload, and creating efficiencies.
- Lead daily and weekly workload management processes and minimize operational and transportation costs.
- Lead network improvement initiatives and work with procurement as needed to expand carrier base as business needs change.
- Assist in systems selection and development in order to meet the needs of our customer contracts.
- Ensure data is correct and up to date at all times within normal limits.
- Identify opportunities for new logistics plans; find and implement optimization opportunities.
- Manage auto tender processes and ensures static routes are entered into the TMS as necessary.
- Meet deadlines and manage resources.
- Identify savings opportunities within the transportation network. Create and implement changes to capitalize on those opportunities.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives to enhance the performance of the position, team, and company.
- Work with all teams to continually improve processes and reduce costs.
- Assist other departments in the Management and collection of all paperwork related to all transportation modes.
- Champion employee development through training and coaching.
The Operations Manager has direct supervisory responsibility of assigned employee groups. He or she must be knowledgeable of, and act in accordance with organizational policies and applicable laws.
- Assist Director with the leadership of the Operations Management team.
- Manage Personnel schedules and Employee time in the ADP application or other designated tracking methods.
- Schedule PTO by employee and by team that is balanced to organizational goals and objectives. Set limits and create a PTO calendar.
- Create and Maintain a positive environment in the workplace
- Communicate each employee’s goals, achievements and deficiencies face to face via one on one meetings quarterly and annually or as needed. Utilize designated tools. (Reviewsnap)
- Implement and maintain an objective annual review of each assigned employee.
- Communicate one on one directly with each employee in your assigned group.
- Assist Director with Annual reviews of Operations Management staff.
- Communicate effectively and positively
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Transportation, or related field with five to ten years’ experience in automotive transportation is required. Prior management experience in 3PL transportation management is required.