Monday-Friday 3:00 PM-12:00 AM
This position is responsible for the proper receiving, storing, and shipping of all incoming freight and data entry transaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists in developing operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current.
- Receives and processes all incoming freight, examines freight for damage, maintains inventory management, cycle counts, inventory accuracy, and places freight in proper location.
- Coordinates the movement of trucks in the yard.
- Routinely performs yard and dock checks.
- Picks and prepares materials for shipment: Verify part numbers, count boxes, and skids as necessary, verify correct paperwork and bar coding, matches trailer number with load, faxes information if required.
- Inspects and maintains physical condition of warehouse and equipment.
- Maintains logs of inspections of warehouse and equipment.
- Prepares work order for repairs and requisitions for replacement of equipment.
- Confers with the team leader to ensure coordination of warehouse activities.
- Directs salvage of damage of unused material.
- Supports and complies with all company policies and procedures to ensure a safe and healthy workplace.
- Participates in planning personnel safety and plant protection activities.
- Makes sure that the OS&D quarantine area is organized and documented.
- Ensures all OS&D situations are handled properly (pictures, ProTrack entry, and damage process documented).
- Ensures that all material handlers have assignments and the appropriate tools to do their job.
- Identifies and implements continual improvement initiatives to enhance the performance of the position, team, and company.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; assists the Team Leader or Transportation Manager in addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.