This is a remote position; must be willing to travel to nearby cities.
The Supply Chain Manager (SCM) will be responsible for analysis and report generation of all logistics related information flowing through ProTrans Transportation Management System. The SCM handles transactional level work on the account/the SCM will work closely with internal operational support teams and support senior level SCM’s to identify downward trends and opportunities for improvement for key accounts. The SCM is the primary transactional based day to day contact and covers the customer service role at the plant level. The SCM will play a key role in achieving ProTrans objectives and contribute to identifying, analyzing and developing supply chain solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Logistics Plan Management
- Responsible for fully understanding the logistics plan (SRS) for their customer
- Gather, understand and submit complete permanent changes to the plan
- Coordinate adjustments to the plan
- Communicate holiday schedules to customer
- Communicate customer adjustments internally at ProTrans
- Responsible to enter bid rquests as necessary to accommodate the plan and adjustments to the plan
- Responsible to ensure unplanned requests are handled for the customer
- Responsible to arrange support on expedite shipment needs of the customer
Monitor Network Performance
- Responsible to escalates service level issues to senior SCM’s
- Responsible to ensure customer is aware of any exceptions in performance, delays etc.
- Responsible to ensure reporting is distributed as necessary (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Responsible for daily shipment status reporting
- Responsible to report end of day status to management and customer
- Responsible to escalate service issues when exceptions are identified from the operations team/the TMS
- Responsible for extracting, assembling and analyzing logistics data to identify opportunities for improvement
Customer Maintenance / Single Point of Contact
- Drive Supplier and Service Provider compliance by communicating and obtaining signoff of Customer guidelines and requirements for all logistics operations
- Work in conjunction with central operations and customer service to handle complaints and ensure support plans are in place to maintain long-term customer relationships
- The lane / route level contact main point of contact for all operational customer related actions, issues, etc.
- Assist Plant with Daily Operational issue resolution
- Must have excellent communication skills - Spanish and English preferred.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to utilize web-based Business Intelligence tools to identify downward trends and continuous improvement opportunities
- Must be self motivated and willing to be flexible in work schedule and hours. Sometimes the job requires staying later or taking calls during off hours or weekends to assist with customer issues.
- Proven experience and ability to be a problem solver.
- Good customer relations skills and ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all management levels
- 0-3 years of industry experience
- Excellent Leadership and motivation skills
- Willing to travel as necessary to customer locations or other PTI/PTM locations
- Must have Passport and be able to travel to and from Mexico as necessary
- Ability to grasp new concepts and quickly adapt to changing circumstances/environment
- Desire to be the best at customer service
- Good time management skills and strong ability to manage several projects and tasks at once and excellent ability to prioritize time and efforts
- Ability to analyze problems and opportunities and systematically approach them to make improvements both short term and long term.
- Good discernment skills in knowing when to escalate issues
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Transportation, or business related field with three to five years’ experience. Automotive logistics experience preferred.